180 gallons up in this!!!! NWKRC!

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
Everybody, here is the surprise that I was counting down for. one of my best friends bought this 180 gallon allglass aout 5 months ago. I helped him ste it up, and was always jealous about it every time I went over there. I was like someday I will be able to afford a tank that big..... someday. Well just over a week ago he calls me up and tells me he is done with the fish tank thing and needs to get rid of it in a hurry. I got hooked up so well on it its almost like I stole it. Dont wanna say the price but believe me it was a straight up jack move! Who would have thought that someday would be now :mrgreen: So over the course of the week I work out the details with my friends about he move, and 8:30am this morning it began. Amazingly we completely disassembled this tank moved it reassembled everyting, and moved the 80 from where it was to my room, and the 36 that was in my room to my son Damians room by 2:30pm. I couldnt believe it. Here is my massive picture posting about my new pride and joy and the whole process that it involved to make it mine.

stats on tank as of right now :

• 180 gallon Allglass with stand
  • drilled for custom overflow and drilled for closed loop system with blue line external pump
  • 30 gal sump, and protien skimmer. Not sure what kind, but if someone knows off the pics let me know. or im sure i could ask him
  • PFO ballast with 2 10000k bulbs hooked up
  • somewhere between 120 and 180 pounds of LR (he was going to do sharks so was keeping the rock low) This is why I have left the bio balls in for the time being.
  • there are tons of pods and bristle worms everywhere. and a brittle star.
  • a few mushrooms, a leather and a kenya frag (i gave him)
  • and of course the coolest unicornfish ever! I named him a long time ago his name is unicorn Jack. Or jack for short
Thats it for now ENJOY :beerchug:

here is the tank at Elis house earlier in the week when i wen over to measure out some stuff

tankatElis.jpg

Eli measuring

Elimeasuring.jpg

last night I was making a bunch of new water for water change so we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

mixingwater.jpg

my big trashcan full of water

trashwater.jpg

OOOHHH what a relief!

pissingwater.jpg

here is my car jammed full of containers and trash cans and other misc equipment

loadedcar.jpg

here we are, ready to move this massive tank..... I was really not looking foreward to the stress of the move. but like i said it went way better than expected.

readytodrainit.jpg

of course a healthy breakfast for me and my crew

feast.jpg

let the pumping begin!

pumpingout.jpg

had to stop for a piss break :mrgreen:

pissbreak.jpg

coming along mighty nice

suckeddown.jpg

cutting the pipes for the move.

cuttingpipes.jpg

tank is loaded up

tankgone.jpg

loadedup.jpg

well 3 trash cans, 1 49 gal bin, and 2 trucks later we are off to my house!

takingoff.jpg

tank is back up now time to put it all back together

inhouse.jpg

had to use some slip couplers to connect it again. and as you see we just slid my 80g to the kitchen wall and plugged it in to worry about moving that later.

repiping.jpg

pumping back into the tank

pumpingback.jpg

Jack got a little spashy and nailed Eli when he was going back into the tank.

Jacksplash.jpg

Pizza and beer break after everything is done

pizzabreak.jpg

OH NO! A shark in my tank!!!! :shock:

sharktank.jpg

sump and skimmer pics

sump-1.jpg

sump.skimmer.jpg

ol Jack swimmin around

Jack2.jpg

setup.jpg

NWKRC!

180NWKRC.jpg

S13REDLINE FOR PRESIDENT!!!....nice set of drums..yours?? tamma?? i used to play drums too..and still sometimes i jamme a bit..

Well this was no big suprise to me, but I must say the pics look MUCH better on my computer screen instead of my phone. Looks AWESOME! I knew you could pull it off! And Jack looks awful happy. I can't believe you got it all done in one day. Good going, Alexander!

It is obvious that your crew is much more hard working and motivated than my crew. Do you think I could borrow them for a week??? :D

One question though... In photos #1 and #2...whose pants are those on the floor? And perhaps more importantly, why?

Be sure to keep the pics coming. I'm really happy for you, I know how excited you were about this new tank. I'm glad everything worked out for you so well. Biff = Happy for Redline.

yeah I was expecting it to take all day long and everything was only a half a day! i couldnt believe it. couldnt have done it without my friends. And if you fly them down and feed them doughnuts pizza and beer im sure they would be glad to come down there. :)

Very good chronicle of the move.

Thanks! Yes I as all of you love pics! and I even felt there were some more details that could have been caprtured, however some were situations where brute manpower was being utilized and no camera hands available.

ay amigo!!..awsome!!...luck was at your side!!..have fun with it..and enjoy..pure envy here!!..tank really looks great!!

Rigo,can you come up with something new to say.:mrgreen:

Red,I don't think that I ever was more entertained looking at a tank being moved and setup.Like I said before you are a nut case!I guessing you young folks get things done much faster then us older ones.Congratulations and good luck,I'll be watching Biff's and your build closely.

BTW,I don't think Dr.Marco can handle yet another person with a larger tank then his.

not sure about the pants biff. probably elis pants from who knows what. I think its cause he changed into some more PJ style pants. glad to see that was your main focus :)

Dr. Marco is going to have to start seeing a shrink about his severe case of tank envy... I think that talking to himself on his own couch will just drive him even more crazy!

Thanks reeffreak. glad you enjoyed it. I try to keep things entertaining here. Gives you something to look foreword to when you log :) We plowed through the project like it was nothing. and I even got the tile floor mopped and empty pizza boxes and beer bottles thrown away before my roommate got home from work. he was stoked on it.

OK OK !!! Now I will have to go out and sell a kidney on the black market to get my New tank !
Rigo and Marco PM me about the operation!!!

Looks Great man
You said you Jacked him Biff seen pants on the floor lol You lil whore !

Surprising you didnt take off on that one biff. would have had some more to say on it too.... but kinda the same thing, im just super tired now from the long move

Back