3 gallon JBJ picotope

lilduud

Reefing newb
so heres the first of my new picotope i set it p last night from my main tank... and isolated ozzy the evil clownfish in there hah!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI1OgmiAwao]YouTube - 3 gallon JBJ picotope 9/21/2010[/ame]

thanks biff! but i thought it had to be a deco? can i enter a picotope in the contest?and i also thought it had to be empty on january 1st of 2011...? i wanted to enter but then i read closer and thought i couldnt.

well the tank was practically free and i didnt feel like following guidelines... plus i have no idea where im gunna be when the contest is actually judged... and no theres no leak?

i also realized last night that my emerald crab hitch hiked to the pico... im amazed he survived... the water was like 6 degrees colder initially and i literally ran from my room to my bathroom holding the pieces of rock and did ZERO acclimation what so ever... it was covered in zoas afterall so its not like it killed anything...
speaking of polyps i had a mini frag of yellow polyps i was moving from my main tank to the pico last night and i hate the things so i thought id do an experiment... anyway there was some algae on the frag so i blasted it under cold tap water for about a minute then rinsed it with RO before tossing it in the pico... it survived, and you cant even tell...
did the same thing with some daisy polyps that broke off while moving and they made it too.... softies are so amazingly hardy i love them. and hate them for growing like weeds :( oh but does anyone know how to safely kill daisy polyps? some attached to my main rock in the DT and i want to get rid of them so the only softies are xenia and gsp. and the single purple mushroom, thanks and sorry for the ramble..

SEND ME THE DAISIES!!!!

seriously tho, send them to me! lol. there are NO LFS or places up here in northern cali that sells/has them :( it makes me sad because I actually want the things! LOL

Back