Lots to identify (Continued)

lumpy

Reefing newb
So I figured out after I posted that I cant attach images in a reply (or couldnt figure out how). Hence this second post.

Below are some images that I dont even have a guess on. One looks like some yellow sponge the other a pink sponge of some sort. Finally a Red Mushroom of some sort.

Thanks again for all the help.

Attachments

• yellowsponge.jpg
    yellowsponge.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 405
  • pinksponge.jpg
    pinksponge.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 450
  • RedMushroom.jpg
    RedMushroom.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 486
so aren't sponges bad? should I do something about them? My reading said something along the lines of sponges can be tough to keep alive and if they die they can kill off the whole tank due to releasing very large amounts of nitrates.

Not ever happened with me. Technically this can happen with anything dying and causing a spike. I wouldnt worry about it though, I have ripped parts of a sponge off, or crushed it ect, never had an issue.

No, yours are hitch hiker sponges. Very common, easy to keep, you don't need to do anything special for them.

Last edited:
yea and once they grow it looks cool. i had one that was smaller tham a dime and now its bigger than a quarter, of course mine is white and any other color would have looked better but its still pretty nice to keep. im sure the red ones colors will pop with the atinics ive seen some that do glow pretty nicely

Back