Reef Bugs by Marc Weiss

Melanie

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, i was just wondering if anyone had been in touch with this product over the years. I've had it for a while now and have been using it irregularily. It seems to make my corals pretty happy when ever it goes into the tank:mrgreen:

Marc Weiss Aquarium Products - Reef Bugs - Nourish the reef with edible organisms in your aquarium

Here's the website for the product. As you can see there are some interesting claims closer to the bottom of the page stating that newborn sea horses and wolf eels had been eating the product. I also read somewhere on the internet that this product had help with keeping algae at bay.

Let me know what you all think, i've never had any down sides to a use.

I have used similar products in the past (but not Reef Bugs). There are other coral foods of different brands that contain the same things and supposedly do the same thing as the Reef Bugs site claims. I've never had any bad experiences with them, and reading that makes me want to try Reef Bugs!

I used them last night for the first time in a little while and my acanthastreas went crazy, along with the rest of my corals! I also notice a slight change in the ammount of cyano in my 46 gallon, it seems to have cleared it up a little bit. I plan on continuing use of the product xD

I think Yote has use that product before.Interesting,I think it's worth a try.

Yep,sure did.We also use them at the LFS on a regular basis.Most LPS and SPS corals love em.
As far as keep algae at bay.I doubt that.Regular maintenance will take care of that.

Back