RO stingray, help

kilo

Reefing newb
AquaFX Stingray 2 stage RO System,: Aquatic Connection Live
Aquafxstingray-large.jpg

are RO units really good? i dont know much about the mechanical side of reefing yet and my family is bugging me about Christmas presents... would this be a good unit for a 20gallon setup? i would get the 50GPD model, what exactly does it do? do i have to do regular maintenance on it? any and all info would be greatly appreciated! :D
thanks

They absolutely make a difference, if it's for a reef I wouldn't go any less then 4 stages. The more stages, the more crap it's taking out. Here's the one I'm using, 6 stages for only $138 Filter Direct Online Store (C) Only a little bit more money, and a much better product. Or, you can check this place out RO/DI Systems

Thanks!! I like yours! I'll see if I can get my hands on that one :D so does it work similarly to a skimmer? 100gpd isn't to much for a lil 20?

This is nothing like a skimmer. Two completely different pieces of equipment.

This hooks up to your sink and makes the water that you use for top off and to mix your salt water. It removes all the nasty stuff from the tap water.

No, this is different then a skimmer. Each chamber has a membrane and a type of filter media, as the water passes through the chambers impurities like chlorine, heavy metals, and other contaminants are removed. The GPD you get is really up to you, I really wish I had a bigger unit. It takes me between 20-30 mins to get one gallon of water.

Can I get a large jug about 25 gallons or something. Fill that with tap water and place it in my closet and run the RO from that?

i dont think it will happen then, my dada said theres no way hes going to plumb that, he doesent want me to drill. anyone have any good items that are cool accessories? my family wants my list, and i dont have much...

Back