super glue?

lilduud

Reefing newb
so i dont want to have to go to get super expensive under water reef glue.....
and ive been reading alot about using regular super glue for fragging.. but can i use it to glue down a frag to a piece of live rock underwater..?
its The Original Super Glue with the cyanoacrylate as the active ingredient...
any comments?

Attachments

• DSC_00014334.jpg
    DSC_00014334.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,164
would this kind work for fragging tho? id obviously be holding it in place until cured..
if its ok does it have to be COMPLETELY cured before touching the water?

yeaaa i didnt realize how thin it was... i just tried a mini test in a cup of tank water and it failed miserably.. haha ill go get the gel.

I've had success gluing riccordia and polyps to live rock rubble with just the glue. I've never used the gel. I always just made sure the spot on the live rock rubble was relatively dry prior to gluing.

haha yea i actually found a pebble floating around that had two detached polyps and i took it out and dried the spot as best i could and did that as well... they have recovered very well for having floated around the tank for weeks.

I actually defraged some palys with super glue. I had mabye 3 or 4 seperate frags of polyps and glued them all in one spot. That way it looks like a bigger colony. It probably has a total of 15-20 polyps

Back