? about my new light system

saltwater sasquatch

Reefing newb
Hey everyone,
You always have the right answers that's why I love this blog. On that note I just received my new Nova extreme 6X48 watt light system.:bounce: It has 2 different types of bulbs 3 actinic blue bulbs and 3 daylight bulbs. Ok so my question is how should you turn these lights on and when? There are 2 switches 1 runs 3 daylight bulbs and 1 actinic blue bulb and the other switch runs 2 actinic blue bulbs. I am not sure how you should have these lights on. If someone could give me some pointers on this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks everyone.

You wanna simulate dawn,noon,dusk ina way. I'm not saying my way is good but it seems to work for my tank. I have my blues come on first, for an hour. (9am) At 10am all lights are on. 9pm daylights go off so just blues on till 10 pm. 10 pm complete darkness cept for moonlights. Every aquarist is different. It's your decision.

Have the two actinics come on an hour before the daylights and have them go off an hour after the daylights goes off.

11:00AM-two actinics
12:00PM-daylights
11:00PM-daylights off
12:00AM-actinics off

I am still running my lights during the night, I just havent changed them cause my tank was getting hot during the summer. All lights are off by 10am.

Back