AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
Do you guys think this is a good deal?

18" Metal Halide T5 HO Aquarium Light Hood Marine 150W
1x 150W, 2x T5 14W, Fan, LEDs, Brackets, Saltwater Nano
Item condition: New

Price: US $89.95

18" Metal Halide Pendant 178W
This MH Pendant 18" is The light for nano reefs. A space saving combo unit combines 1x 150W HQI metal halide and 2x 14W Actinic Blue T5 lamps in one single unit. This unit features external HQI controller, removable cooling fan, and anodized aluminum housing. Individual power cords and power switches maximizes usability and timer ready! Mounting bracket extenders reaches a maximum length of 24" to accomodate most nano aquariums.
Features:
Dimensions - 18.00” x 11.00” x 3.25”
Dimensions w/brackets - 20.50” x 11.00” x 5.25”
Total wattage: 178W
Supports 1x 150W HQI lamps
Supports 2x 14W T5 lamps
Supports 2x Bluemoon LED
Individual power cords for each function
Quick Disconnect external ballasts
Non-corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
Removable cooling fan
Mounting brackets extends up to 24"
Glass splash guard
Highly polished reflector
CE Certified
Listing includes:
1x MH/T5 fixture and all ballasts
1x MH 150W 15000K (Free Item)
2x 14W T5 Actinic Blue (Free Item)

MHBasic18_2010_400x900.jpg

Odyssea I run the 48in version no problems for me. Got mine from aquatraders. you will need to replace the bulb in it which will cost you 50 bucks, best thing is probably a pendant from fishneedit.com

50 bucks for a 18" bulb?

No, he was talking about the MH bulb. You can find them cheaper though, I just got my 150w Ice Cap bulb for $33 and the PAR is very good. I'm also running an odyessa 48" fixture for about 7 months now and I haven't had any problems with it.

Man the lighting part of this hobby really confuses me. The more I read the more confused I get. ((deep sigh))

Its a little confusing to start >_<

I would recommend one of those MH with Actinic fixtures. The actinics are nice to really make your colors "pop".

here is one from that other link 18"
Aquarium Metal Halide

The only problem I foresee is those 14w actinic bulbs... not sure how easy they are to find...

And yes, on most stock fixtures the bulbs are not that great quality.. and you should prolly replace them sooner than later.

Back