Amphipods

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Saw the post-molted hull of an amphipod up against the glass last night. Held a measuring stick to it and it was better than a quarter inch in length. Anyone else seen amphipods like this? Maybe time to buy a Mandain Goby.

I don't think a Mandarin would go for those. Too big! I have some that size too. Where there's big ones there have to be little ones too. Also copepods. That's what they'll eat mostly.

hmm, so, i'm starting to wonder, if and or when i will ever see anything like that in my tank, cause so far all i see is fish poo floatn around...

I mean i've had the mandrin since day 1 when i set up the tank, so he's gotta be finding something to eat, i just dont know what.

oh, ok, i've never tried to really look for stuff at night.. i have one of thies spiffy led flashlights, so i'll try that.. how big are they? is a quarter inch kinda the large end of the spectrum?

right, like i'm gonna be able to see that in a tank full of swirling water at night in the dark.. and i cant tell what shade of green my ph test is.

i think i might have better luck just shooting a few randon pictures with the flash on and the focus fixed at about mid depth in the tank...

right, like i'm gonna be able to see that in a tank full of swirling water at night in the dark.. and i cant tell what shade of green my ph test is.

i think i might have better luck just shooting a few randon pictures with the flash on and the focus fixed at about mid depth in the tank...

lol me to. I almost fell out of my chair with that one. :bowdown:

A strong flashlight and a big magnifying glass are must-have equipment. Nighttime blue LEDs can also help.

DUDE.Get a flashlight with a red lense or bulb and spend some time checking that rock out.It'll blow your mind at what you'll find in the dark waters.

Back