Anemone hermit crab

Kwater

Chill
I have an 80 gallon reef aquarium. My aquarium has clams,sps coral, and los coral. I have a good amount of live rock and many caves. I have a yellow rang 2 clown fish a damsel fish and a cleaner wrassie. Would I be able to have a anemone crab in my tank.

thanks for all advice

You can try, but it would probably end up being a snack for 1 of your fish. They rely on an anemone for protection.

Ohhh well I'm not shore if this what u ment but the one in the store has 3 anenomies on it allewady. And I wanted a Hubble anenimey ( forgot how to spell it) but I hurd they might move around and kill you're corals. Is there any tricks u can think of to keeping an enonimey. I also wanted it for my clown fish.

If it had anemones on its shell, its probably a decorator crab. They camo themselves by sticking things to there shell. Anemones move until they are compfortable. Usually its in the back of the tank where you cant see them. :). They can move around and sting stuff. Ask yote he had one go thru his tank and sting everything after being in one place for a year. No good tips except keep them at the LFS or have a specific anemone tank.

you need to read yotes thread. I would suggest you avoid the nem in a reef tank altogether based on yotes experience.

I will read his quotes. I agree that avoiding an enenimey is a good Idea.
Now back to the orignal topic I found this other crab that I can do in my sized tank it is called a calliactic spp. Or an hermit crab anemones. Does anyone know anything about this crab. It dosent get 10 inches like the other one. This one is around 1 inch. Or 0.4 in. As they say in my book

Not familiar with it. I googled it and it looks like a hermit decorator crab. Kinda cool! The crab is actually called Dardanus spp, the anemone is called Calliactis spp. I doubt if you will be able to find a dealer that is selling one because I dont think its common to the hobby, but if you can find one you should ask the dealer on their reccomendation for it's requirements.

Dont think he's talking about a pom pom. Think he's talking about one of these:
calliactis.jpg

Kinda looks like a snufalufagus

With those,the anemone uses the crab as a host.The crab helps the anemone move around and the anemone protects the crab.
I'm betting those would be in the expert only catagory.

i have had one and they are super easy the nem eats crap from the crabs as they are eating and so on. the one that i had lived for about 5 years until my temp spiked in my tank.

those nems seem almost like a aptasia but dont spread like them. it is cool to watch one day you will see the empth shell sitting on the sand with the nems on it and a few hours later you will see the crab there taking them 0ff to put them on his new shell it is really neat to watch.

Back