anemones

lee1231

Reefing newb
sorry i have not be on and posted for a long time.

SO i got my tank back and the algae is all gone i am going to the pet store and what to get a anemones are that good to keep and are that easy the typhoon skimmer is great . thanks lee

If you have T5s, then your lighting is sufficient. If your signature is correct and your tank has been set up for 2 years, than that's a good timeframe to be ready for an anemone. They usually don't do well in tanks that are less than a year old, so if your tank is newer than a year you should probably think twice about getting an anemone right now. Also, make sure your water quality is good. They need pristine water conditions with very low to no nitrates whatsoever.

Be careful about what species you buy too. Bubble tip anemones are considered by far the easiest to keep and are the most recommended. Carpet anemones have a thing for catching and eating fish, so stay away from them. Sebae anemones can be impossible to keep, so I also don't recommend buying those.

Biffs covered the requirments anemones pretty good.
Anemones are an awesome addition.But I wouldnt recommend one for a reef tank.All it takes if for the anemone to decide it dont like where its at,and you've lost any coral the anemone touches.

hi

I left today to go get my anemones and the pet store tanks have algae all over and he don't know how to fix it. but he is got one for $50.00 is that a good price you can see it but the tank is algae and i don't what to get on and it dye on me so i am going Monday and see if he well take $40.00 and i a ? has in body tried to set up a mim reef tank like 3 gallons i think it would be cool gust pair of fish and corals my big tank is get $$$$

thanks

You only want to buy one anemone.

The price depends on what kind of anemone he's selling. I'd say $50 is way too expensive for a bubble tip, but for another species it may not be a lot. Find out what type of anemone it is first. It may be a kind you don't even want in your tank at all.

A three gallon reef tank would be near impossible to keep. You could not keep any fish in it. There are no saltwater fish (to my knowledge) that would do well long term in a 3 gallon tank. Maybe a clown goby. But even then, it'd probably be too hard to keep the water stable enough to keep the fish alive. You definitely would not be able to keep a pair of anything.

hi
It is a bubble tip and he whats $50 but i am going to give him $40 could it get sick and die and kill whats in my tank

hi
It is a bubble tip and he whats $50 but i am going to give him $40 could it get sick and die and kill whats in my tank

Yes there is always that risk. But if your tank is mature, you have proper lighting, can feed the anemone at least once a week or every other week (depending on your lighting) and do water changes consistently and the tank is large enough, you will be fine.

Biff & yote have you covered!

If the stores anemone tanks are full of algae,then I wouldnt be buying that anemone.If theres that much algae,then he's got some major water quality issues.And that will lead to sick anemones.

If the stores anemone tanks are full of algae,then I wouldnt be buying that anemone.If theres that much algae,then he's got some major water quality issues.And that will lead to sick anemones.

+1 Yote. Especially with anemones because they are so hard to tell if its already sick or not (until its too late). i would buy from a store that has great quality water conditions. This is not necessary with most things but when it comes to anemones and the great damage they can do when they die, i would buy from a top store.

Back