Any ideas for my next fish?

Sakura2282

Reef lover!!!
I need some ideas for my next fish. Right now my only fish is a Bicolor Pseudochromis or a Bicolor Dottyback and I bought it without knowing they are semi-agressive a mistake that I'm not planning making again. But, I love my fish he's without doubts a hardy fish and very beautiful and he loves the live brine shrimp I give him as a treat, so I want to keep it.

The point is that my brother wants a pair or black clownfish, he even call them the "emo nemo" fish. But, I'm thinking if this will be a good idea.

I would like to read some suggestions and opinions about it.

Attachments

• 2013-08-07 18.56.20.jpg
    2013-08-07 18.56.20.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 307
Just remember that in the end you can only have at most 4, possibly 5 fish. So maybe think of what other fish you might want, then see if they can be compatible with each other before purchasing something you might regret. Although I do agree that the clownfish would do fine.

This is live Aquarias's compatibility chart it's a good reference and it says they are compatible. I have kept clowns and dottybacks together without any problems. But it always depends on the fish.
compatibility_chart.gif

You could also add a larger blenny to the mix, such as a starry or midas blenny, or a bottom dweller such as a watchman goby. I think clowns would be a nice next addition.

Thank you all :). I will add 30 pounds more of rock to my display for filtration and the fish, so they can have more space to hide.

I know my tank fish limit is small so I believe I will go with the followings:

Bicolor dottyback
Pair of blackclown
Flame angel

Pushing my tank limits I will go with the six line wrasse or the blenny before the flame angel and have 5 fish, will see.

How long will be a good waiting time between additions? I'm thinking a moth. What do you think?

And thanks again for your helpful comments.

Back