Anyone have experience w/ Carpet Anemone

adrchan

Reefing newb
Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with carpet anemones? How do you feed them? I bought a pretty large carpet anemone for $30.00. They say they require very strong lighting. Is this true?

DSC00162.jpg

Considered difficult to keep. Lighting is recommended at least 8 watts per gallon. I've also heard lots of stories of these guys catching and eating fish. You can feed them a couple times a week by placing pieces of meaty food on their tentacles, they'll slowly move it to their mouth.

yes I have it was a green tenticle under 5.5 watts done great till my tank crashed if you have a clown they will host it pretty easily, if not as biff stated a couple good size pieces of krill every other to third day is succeptable just set it in there tentacles and watch the show careful though there actually the one anemone that I have found that you can feel the sting. Good choice btw if I ever get another anemone it will be a carpet.

Yeah, well, we're in the middle of the desert, we probably don't exactly get the "cream of the crop" when it comes to livestock!

yes I have a green carpet for 6 years. At first he was in my 55 with just standard lights. (he did fine) Now i have a 265 with 4 72in vho. He may have eaten a couple of smaall fish.(but i still like him

Back