Are canister filters any good?

For freshwater,yes....Saltwater....not so much. You have to open & clean them very often. IME, it's not worth the constant hassle.:grumble:

No No No No No No No.

Canister filters will hold all of your bad bacteria and end up being a nitrate and phosphate factory destroying your saltwater tank.

This question has been answered a bazillion times ;)

sigh.....

The 10th menu option from the left is labeled Search. Its really neat. When you click on it and type in key words (something like 'Canister Filter') it returns a list of threads about those keywords.

Doing this would have told you everything you need to know about canister filters and saltwater systems

In short - they are a freshwater technology, so you don't need one for your 20g, the 90g, the 125g, the 220g reef, or the 220g predator tank, or the '20-29g' brackish tank you've got threads up on the freshwater sister site for

sigh.....

The 10th menu option from the left is labeled Search. Its really neat. When you click on it and type in key words (something like 'Canister Filter') it returns a list of threads about those keywords.

Doing this would have told you everything you need to know about canister filters and saltwater systems

In short - they are a freshwater technology, so you don't need one for your 20g, the 90g, the 125g, the 220g reef, or the 220g predator tank, or the '20-29g' brackish tank you've got threads up on the freshwater sister site for
go troll somwhere else.

Do you read any other threads on this site besides the ones that you start? There is a lot you can learn just by going through questions other people have posted -- read the New to Reefing forum in particular. Because anything you ask has been asked before.

No, canister filters are not any good.

Do you read any other threads on this site besides the ones that you start? There is a lot you can learn just by going through questions other people have posted -- read the New to Reefing forum in particular. Because anything you ask has been asked before.

No, canister filters are not any good.
thanks will do

Google is your friend.

This is what wiki did to youth lol, they expect everything to be there on one page with little to no effort whatsoever.

Way back in my day we had to go to something called the library. And im only freaking 24 years old xD

Google is your friend.

This is what wiki did to youth lol, they expect everything to be there on one page with little to no effort whatsoever.

Way back in my day we had to go to something called the library. And im only freaking 24 years old xD
I go to the libray and I don't wiki at all but I do have a question all of you are on the fourms all day how do pay for your tank maitenece?

I go to the libray and I don't wiki at all but I do have a question all of you are on the fourms all day how do pay for your tank maitenece?

I have a job, which earns me a paycheck. Stay in school; learn to spell. That will help you get a better job and hence a bigger paycheck. ;)

yes but what I'm sayng is you guys are on the fourm like 24/7 do you get on the fourm at work?

Not usually. This morning I was awake at 3 am. So I have nothing else to do but lay in bed when I can't sleep, and lately I have had a lot of trouble sleeping. I usually go online in the evenings. When I have some downtime during the day, I read through the forums on my phone.

Im a mom :/ So yeah my bf pays for this. Yet i do all the mait, feeding, research, and fishing when someone isn't a good fit lol.

A lot of people use the forum on their phones, which can go anywhere ;)

Back