Bad Kessil?

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
Hey all, I just purchased a Kessil off of Ebay. It's the A150W Sky Blue and was listed as used but in excellent working condition. The light itself is in good shape but it's missing the mounting screws (no big deal) and also it's running at about 25-30% of the brightness it should be. I compared it side by side with another A150W Sky Blue and it's nowhere close. I assume this is why the sold it but wanted to find out if this is common and how you think I should handle. I"m probably just going to send back and request a refund and buy a new one?

The light is only 1 output. It shouldn't be any different than the next except they do have different values of kelvin.
Did you check the power supply? Try switching them around and see if you have the same results.

I had to send one of my 360's in because it would over heat. All covered by kessil and they sent me a new rebuild. Just check and make sure the fan is clean of dust so they don't overheat, 1x per month you should use canned air to clean them out.

It's super clean and well taken care of. I hooked it up to another kessil power supply from the same light model and had the same results. It's much dimmer and does not light up the aquarium at all. Fan works on it but I also noticed the light barely produces any heat either so something it not firing up all the way. Seller said it was a little over two years old but he hasn't used it since December and never noticed any difference with it. He did agree to refund and return.

I was worried they wouldn't help since I wasn't the original owner and it was over two years old. They seller accepted the return and I ordered a new A160 instead. Thanks for the help!

Back