Blood Drawn?

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I'm curious to know: has anyone ever had a fish or other critter in their tank that drew blood? I've had clowns nip at my hand before but they never broke the skin.

I pay close attention to where my fish are. My clowns usually eat food right off the chopstick, and when they grab the stick to get food off there, I swear if I don't hold it tight, they'd pull the stick into the water! So, no way am I letting them near my fingers lol

I had a yellow tang cut me years ago. Also on the freshwater side i had about a 18 inch red tail catfish make my finger look like hamburger. That was the last time i hand fed him!:D

I've never had one of my fish draw blood... but when I worked at Petco I got bloodied by triggers (niger and picasso... mostly picasso), yellow tangs and once a snowflake eel. The worst I got from freshwater (believe it or not) was a Pleco. The animal that drew blood most consistently, however, were hamsters.

I had a large and mean Purple Tang that would attack me every time I would put my hand into the tank. Even though he was beautiful, I hated that fish.

I had a female Goldbar Maroon Clown that bit me and drew blood. I had my arm all the way in the tank and she got me on the inside of the bicep.

I've never had one of my fish draw blood... but when I worked at Petco I got bloodied by triggers (niger and picasso... mostly picasso), yellow tangs and once a snowflake eel. The worst I got from freshwater (believe it or not) was a Pleco. The animal that drew blood most consistently, however, were hamsters.

Did I hear you right? You got bit a by a moray?

Atlantic Blue Tang
media1-3.jpg

Moray teeth are angled inward so that, if he really gets a grip on you and you pull away the teeth will only sink in deeper.

Back