Blue Legged Hermits

twps

Reefing newb
I bought 10 of these little suckers - dwarf blue legged hermits when I first got my tank going several weeks ago. They're doing great, but I've noticed 2 or 3 of them are getting bigger rather quickly taking on larger shells, and they don't have blue legs anymore. They're more of a reddish/brownish couloring. Any chance they're not blue legs and are something else?
I've found hat I thought were bodies, most likely molting of blue legs a few times. At first I thought that when they moulted they lost their colour for some time. These non blue legs are much more aggressive than the others. Is this normal?

Scarlet Reds, tend to blend in when they are small with their brownish hue as blues, you probably have a few reds, and they get bigger than blues. Nothing to really worry about but they can get big and end up with voracious feeding habits.

i did that same exact thing. i as soon as i saw this thread i started looking at my crabs and since ive gotten them ive notiece the some of them are maroon in color and several of them have molted and moved into larger shells. i like finding the molted prtions. it is reassuring that my my tank it doing well and things are growing

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm sure mine are doing well also, as they're growing very quickly.

Back