Blue Throat Trigger Pair

Northstar24

The Tang Herder
So my wife has decided that we don't have enough fish in our tank. Recently dealt with some algae issues which have mostly subsided due partially to a power outage while I was on vacation a while back. We lost several fish and some inverts due to this

She saw the blue throat trigger at the LFS and decided that we should bring it home. I've read that they can be kept in pairs, and that it makes for a really interesting display tank.

I haven't seen an actual 'bonded' pair on line or locally. I currently have a male. If I add a female will they tolerate each other and pair up? I've never actually tried to pair fish in the past. Most of the time its difficult to tell a male from a female, but the coloration on the blue throats is totally different so this is not a problem.

Assuming that trying to pair them up is something worth trying, should I add the female as soon as I can, before the male gets fully established in the tank?

I have a concern with your lack of being around, sir.

(I don't think you'll have an issue in your tank with adding another trigger. As a precaution you can add in some live rock to make it "new" to everyone.)

Also pics or I'll cut you.

Back