Broken Koralia Powerhead

drm180

Reefing newb
I just got a Koralia 2 Powerhead. I put it in my tank but when I went to adjust it, the red thing that hold it onto the magnet just snapped. The company us sending a replacement but is there any way to save this one. Is it safe to superglue it?

If you can get the piece goes in the pump itself out,then there is no need to glue it.If it broke at the magnet,then its probably a lost cause.The last one I tryed to glue back together,it didnt hold long.

If you can get the piece goes in the pump itself out,then there is no need to glue it.If it broke at the magnet,then its probably a lost cause.The last one I tryed to glue back together,it didnt hold long.
Exactly what I was going to say. I got a free K2 from a local guy because it was broken, and luckily the magnet side of the mount was still long enough to push the pump back onto it once I removed the broken stem. It does not have 100% of the movement, but hey, at least it works.

Damn... It didn't work at all lol. It broke right where the stem goes into the pump. I'm not sure if I can get it out or not but I'm going to try it.

Try a drill with a bit the size of the stem to drill it out. That was going to be my next option if I couldn't pull it out with some pliers.

That's what I just did. It worked really well. I just can't move it around quite as much but at least it's working. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Back