Buffer?

gthaefner

Reefing newb
We added the directed amount of buffer (mixed with a cup of RO water) to our tank. Maybe 30 minutes later the tank was very cloudy to the point that we couldn't even see in. What caused this? We have added this buffer many many times before and have never had a problem. We had phosgaurd in the filter. Would this have affected it? The tank cleared overnight but now there is a white powder covering eveything. However, none of the inhabitants seemed to be affected and the water tests fine. Any thoughts would be great!
Thanks!

The buffer may have cause a calcium fall out.
I've noticed that if my PH happens to be low,then my buffer will cause some cloudyness,but it always clears up with in a couple of seconds.

how long did you wait for the buffer to dissolve? if there is too high a concentration, the water will cloud up until the tank can absorb the mixture. to be safe, I always use twice as much RO water as the directions indicate

-Doc

Did you test the pH and akalinity beforehand?
Over shooting akalinity can cause calcium to precipitate or was that the other way around?The powder residue is moat likely calcium.Remember to test before dosing.

Back