Calcium Buffer alternative

Coral Commander

Reefing newb
Right now I am using a 16 ounce 2-part bottle of ESV B-Ionic Calcium Buffer to increase the Corraline Algae in my tank. So far it has been doing a fairly sufficient job. I am wondering if there is perhaps a better brand that I should be getting that would be doing the job better or not. Any opinions?

i use the calcium chloride pellets from bulkreef supply you just mix it with a gallon of water and you have a gallon that cost about 5 bucks

Coralline also needs good alkalinity levels. Coralline sucks carbonates right out of the water. Add baking soda and raise alkalinity.

Check your magnesium levels as well. I'm not sure of the connection but I have heard that if your mag is low, it will cause your cal to be low. True or not? A moderator should be able to say.

As for calcium chloride. I use Dow for swimming pools. It's the exact same thing as Kent turbo calcium and its a quarter of the price. The chemical cas number on the containers is even the same.

Check your magnesium levels as well. I'm not sure of the connection but I have heard that if your mag is low, it will cause your cal to be low. True or not? A moderator should be able to say.

As for calcium chloride. I use Dow for swimming pools. It's the exact same thing as Kent turbo calcium and its a quarter of the price. The chemical cas number on the containers is even the same.

true --low mag leads to low cal

Back