Camel shrimp...aggressive?

laura-jean

friend to the fish
I put a camel shrimp in my tank yesterday. Saw my clownfish alive and well today, but when I got home he was NOWHERE to be found. Do camel shrimp typically attack fish?? Should I take him out??

i have never heard of peppermint shrimp attacking anything , the clown is probably just hidding or ,may be just coincidental , but i highly doubt thet the shrimp did anything

yes they love to eat leathers and Xenia also cant for get Colt, Kenya and polyps. but the one I had it was reef with caution and well it ate half of my freshly fragged finger leathers. so yeah watch your soft corals. I ended up selling mine on Craigslist...

i have never heard of peppermint shrimp attacking anything , the clown is probably just hidding or ,may be just coincidental , but i highly doubt thet the shrimp did anything

Just an FYI, camel shrimp and peppermint shrimp are different.

Camel Shrimp
images

Peppermint Shrimp

PeppermintShrimp512.jpg

Camel shrimp are known to eat corals, where as peppermints are generally reef safe.

Oh thank Goddess! I thought I just made a horrible mistake adding in a pair of Peps. I was pretty sure they weren't the same thing, but then again, they do look somewhat similar......

Oh thank Goddess! I thought I just made a horrible mistake adding in a pair of Peps. I was pretty sure they weren't the same thing, but then again, they do look somewhat similar......

My pep shrimp got a taste for Duncan's... he wouldnt leave one alone the whole time... ended up ripping two tentacles out and eating them in front of me... the next day he was traded out

Back