Camera Reviews

Chris

Reefing newb
I have decided to start a thread and make it sticky, its a camera review thread. I want to know what cameras everyone is using for taking pictures of their tanks and what they feel is good or bad.

If your camera is just plain awesome at taking underwater tank pictures please include a picture taken by the camera so we can all see for ourselves.

If your camera sucks don't bother posting a picture, im sure we really don't all want to see bad pictures.

I wanted to start this thread so that I could find the best camera to take pictures of my tank with and so we could share this information.

I also wanted to help everyone save money by not buying the wrong camera for tank picture taking.

Example Post:

Manufacture: FujiFilm
Model: FinePix 3800
Overall Ratting: 6 (1-10)
Ease of Use: 8 (1-10)
Description of camera & picture quality: The FujiFilm FinePix 3800 seems to wash out pictures of my tank, which I can fix using Photoshop. It has a very hard time taking close up shots which is very annoying. I would not recommend this camera if you want close ups, broad shots are great.

Example Non-Edited Picture:

DSCF0057.jpg

Manufacture: Canon
Model: Powershot A80
Overall Ratting: 8 (1-10)
Ease of Use: 8 (1-10)
Description of camera & picture quality: I like this camera alot it has many capture modes that allow for quick switching. I find the highspeed mode is the best for taking pictures of my tank. This particular camera is only 4.0 megapixels, the newer models are more advanced.

Back