camera

Toolman

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
Is there a speical camera to take tank shots with? How about some basic guide lines? Flash, lights on or off. Can't get in the POTM unless I can take a decent picture :^:

Most people on the site use just regular point and shoot cameras. I turn my flash off because it will cause a glare on the glass of the tank. I also tend not to zoom in too much when I take my pictures because I can always crop the section of the picture that I want later.

I recently got a Nikon D-5000 but i am just learning to use it. I think you should consider getting a DSLR camera; they seem to be the way to go.

If photographing fish, use your multiple shot option and your "sport" or "action" settings (if you have any). IF you choose to use a flash, practice shooting at an angle to avoid the glare. You will also want some decent editing software. I recommend PhotoShop Elements 8, IMO.

I use a Nikon point and shoot, turn the glare off, turn ON macro mode (if taking pics of coral), get a short distance away from the glass at a straight on angle, zoom in and hold as still as possible. Wish I had a DSLR :grumble:

No, i was joking. He lives in Texas, and actually takes all his own pics. The fact that they are all so darn good is what prompted my statement.

Back