Caught on tape!

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
Ok I think I caught my clicker on tape!

During the video he pops his head up at 15 seconds and then again at 2 minutes. He peeks over the rock and sees the phone and ducks back down. I am determined to get a better video now so I am trying to let him get used to the sight of the phone there so he gets used to it.

He moves VERY fast and his head looks to be whitish or clear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpA42Dr2Qoc]YouTube - Peekaboo[/ame]

What's a "clicker"?

Something in my new rocks has been clicking its either a mantis or a pistol shrimp. You can see him pop his head up twice in the video but he is sort of clear and he moves so fast you cant make it out good.

I am going to set up a video and try to catch him again.

Thats freaky, all those little mouths on that rock. I saw something move inside that black hole, maybe shine a blue or red light down there tonight, or a video camera with night mode! That uses infared, i think.

Ok I stuck a pen in there and whatever it is tried to attack it!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q3rVXzimVY]YouTube - Pistol or mantis shrimp?[/ame]

no wait....after replying that over and over its really hard to tell....try lureing him out with food...my pistol isnt that aggressive at all.....a mantis would def attack like that.

My pistol shrimp is not very aggressive. He'd retreat rather than confront anything. Yours could be a small mantis. Great footage of it attacking the pen though :) That was a nice loud click! Take the rock out and put it in some changeout water, and try to flush it out.

ps....that was a loud "thump" for such a lil creature....id watch yer finga's =)

I know right! It is a bitchy little thing whatever it is. We have named him Rockness Monster! :mrgreen:

Take the rock out and put it in some changeout water, and try to flush it out.

Its already in its own 2.5g tank because I dont want the monster in my DT.

I dont want to kill anything so I am leery about using freshwater dips or soda water etc. I would just feel terrible if I did that.

I might just end up throwing some sand in this mini tank and letting him keep his stupid rock and have his own place. It would be nice if he was one of the really colorful ones but I probably got the brown gross roach looking one LOL

Try what biff said. Put a piece of krill or shrimp in the end of the pen to lure him out.

And then what? I need to see if my LFS will take it.

At first I was considering leaving it in their with his own tank but

1. I dont think thats big enough for it long term
2. There is no way I can feed it live creatures and watch it kill them.

I have been reading up on them and watching videos and I can never finish watching because it makes me sick.

I dont want to kill it but it cant stay in my house unless it eats frozen food.

SOOOOOO

1. I broke down my entire reef one rock at a time and eliminating it down to the rock in question

2. I dip the said rock in cold salt water to get the shrimp out.....

HE DOESNT BUDGE

3. I decide to take the rock to my LFS and trade them for new rocks with no pistol shrimp

4. I put new rocks in tank, glue down new corals and lay in bed staring at my beutiful new reef and.......

POP POPP PPOPOPPOOOOPP

Are you freaking kidding me right now?

WHYYYYYYYYYY MEEEEEEEEEEEE?? :censored:

Back