Cesilies 75g Build

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
WOOT WOOOT!!

After a much anticipated wait I will be bringing home a brand new 75 gallon tank tomorrow night! :D Brent was out of town so I couldn't use the truck to bring it home so tonight we are deciding where to put it....

BUT I couldn't come home without a picture of my new beautiful tank!!

securedownload.jpg

SO this is it in the LFS and I got everything I needed for $200 :) I'm super happy!

Tomorrow I'll be bringing it home and I will be setting it up!!

There will be lots of pictures tomorrow for you guys, I work in the morning but afterwords I will be sure to post them for ya'll!

I'm so excited!! :D

well i'm not going to use a sump currently.... the owner suggested what they have on all their tanks and they just used the HOBS and a protein skimmer... so when I get my paycheck in 2 weeks i will be getting a skimmer and in the mean time just using my HOBs

You sound so excited,makes me excited.

I like the black silicone.It looks so much better then the plain stuff.
Wow the black silicone does look good, and very well done too. When I first looked at the tank I thought it was a part of the plastic trim

Yea he gave me the option of the black or the clear and the black looks a whole lot nicer IMO :) I'm so excited!! I'm trying to talk the parents into letting me put it into the living room so they can enjoy it while i'm away. its eventually going to be their tank because i think as of tonight and our few discussion i'll be moving to FL within the next year :)

YAY! I can't wait to see this build take place! It is going to be awesome!

I agree on the black silicone! It looks really nice!

thanks! :D

Since i'm trying to get it in the living room it would go great, my parents have built and designed all our furniture in here and its all black so i figured the black would be way better than the wood-grain

TODAY IS THE DAY!!! :D

the next few days are going to be insane! :D Brent apparently got hired on with his uncle last night and had to go start his trucking today (yay a job!!) so he can start learning the ropes of the company he'll be running for the next few years (his uncle is opening a new dock and brent is going to manage it as well as the one hes managing now) so I can't get his truck.... BUT mom and dad have graciously let me use both of their cars and when mom is off of work today we are picking up my monster tank! :D

My sister graduates on thursday and I told her today I was giving her my 20 and she was totally stoked lol. so we're getting ready to move that into her room and make room for mine. We couldn't find a spot for it in the living room due to lack of space out there and lack of outlets :/ so its going into my room for now :) We're moving everything over tonight so I'll probably be up into the weeeeeee hours!

These are my plans eventually with my next few paychecks (besides putting away for disney too lol still not done with all that shopping):

Skimmer
Bigger HOB filter
t5 high output lighting
Koralia 4 (i think).

Then once I get those goodies I plan on getting a small kole tang, yellow tang, or a sailfin tang. I really like the powder blues but since I want a hardier one for mom and dad to have I'm thinking of avoid the blue. would any of those 3 fish be okay in a 75 together if they were small? our LFS has them come in around 2" and I would take it back once they got too large... I just wanna provide adequate swimming room for them :)

After a long night I have a tank all set up and in place!! WOO!!

Picture3-21.png

First we headed to the LFS and picked up the tank, stand, 40lbs of sand, and about 70lbs of base rock. brought the tank home and i took one look at the stand out of the packaging and said 'THIS IS GOING TO SUPPORT THE WEIGHT?!?! O_O" its made out of particle board!! so me and my dad broke out the 1x12s and 2x4s and started making it into a better support system...

Picture4-15.png

because dad is a perfectionist he had me paint the wood that no one will ever see black. lol. sooooo 10pm last night I was painting and warding off bugs to get it done, then we dried it with the hair-dryer lol... Got a few battle scars from the sander and evil wood that chops legs open but the stand was now sturdy! :D

except for today when i went to open one of the doors it popped off D: not dads error tho, its something with too small of a screw....

Picture5-7.png

then the long process of filling the 75g of water! we have our RODI unit in the back of the house so it was time to get out the step meter and see how long/many steps it took me to fill it up. apparently 34,742 steps lol.

Picture7-3.png

stirred in the salt to get it disolved so i could add in my base rock and be done for the night

Picture6-5.png

and heres what it looks like this morning! :D still a bit murky and the sand is actually brown looking... I was kinda disappointed, there was TONS of blue plastic shreds all up in the sand and i've been picking it out all morning... isn't this supposed to be clean live sand? Not like, bark and plastic and tags in it?!

still haven't messed with the rocks because of the time, I'm off to work and then its back to finish up the tank! :D

I'll be getting a high output t5 with 4 bulbs i believe... I want to be able to have my corals and possibly a BTA in there eventually so I'm just gonna go big now lol... if you guys have any suggestions on lights that would be easy to hide (parents are going to build a frame around the top so it looks "finished" and hides the ugly filter and matches the rest of the furniture, I got it in the living room ;) ) and provide enough lighting for the corals

didn't get any work done on it tonight sadly :( ended up covering half a shift at work, had to take my dog to get her nails trimmed, and then Brent came over and we worked on some of his paperwork for day 3 of his job and day 1 of his own truck route... so the tank sorta got left today

BUT I checked all the levels and everything is at 0 which is good since its all new live sand, i'm going to be adding my sand into it tomorrow morning and i'll see how that goes... added most of my LR from the 20 and 10g and the levels are still a-o-kay.

The Nemo slippers was classic!

I never kept anemones so I'm not sure if 4 bulbs is enough fro a BTA.I'm sure six bulbs and individual relectors would be enough.Are you going to mount the lights inside the frame?Sounds like you are buiding a canopy.If thats the case then you might need to go with a retro.

The 4 bulb T5 fixture won't be enough for a nem or high light corals.. Get at least 6 bulbs with individual reflectors, like the Current Nova Extreme Pros.

Back