Cesilies 75g Build

I’m glad things are looking up for you! That’s awesome, you seemed so down about your tank crash, but now things are picking up! I saw your thread about your last shark egg that was cool - things are starting to come full circle. Way to keep your head up!

just a quick update, everything is lookin' good tank wise. all the fish are loving the way the rocks are now (even if I don't like them) and have been swimming together in a big group. still having a few problems with my pH staying at an 8.4 and i'm not sure what that's due to. yesterday i brought home a green coris wrasse to help with the bristleworm population and to add some color into the tank. :)

wow, its been months since I updated... SO i'll give a quick update. Yesterday i FINALLY got my nice lights!! its a 4 bulb MH with LEDs, and its SO pretty.... Also picked up an anemone and a maroon clown for my moms new tank she's starting (the nem is in my sisters tank but we couldn't bear to leave the nem and clown lol, she loves it too much) and they are both doing great as well :)

my tank is finally starting to look like a reef, got my star polyps starting to grow and my mushrooms are making lots of babies!! <3 I picked up some macro yesterday to start planting the tank with as well.

the stock currently consists of:

Kona the eel
Duke and his friend the new lady clown (she needs a name)
a royal gramma (also needs a name)
Marty the blue throat trigger
Jimmie the damsel
2 yellow damsels
1 half of an inch blue chromis (it is SO adorable!)
annnnnd
the shark :)

if you count snails theres a few as well as limpy the limpet :) I've gotten out of the hermit crabs/emerald crabs because kona has taken an interest in eating them :p he still doesn't bug the fish which is a good thing....

Finally have the bristleworms under control... they got uber crazy for a while there and I couldn't figure out why since I don't over-feed the tank...

I'm loving these new lights already though! I'm still trying to figure out how to program it (its all timered and stuff) but its so pretty and bright! <3 I'll have to add some pictures later :)

Here's a pic of moms new anemone and maroon clown fish :)

The little red guy is Rooney (my sisters baby maroon) and then the big lady doesn't have a name yet.. mom calls the nem Harry though :) lol.

Soon she'll be going into moms 30g tall setup :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 201
Well some good and bad news.... the baby shark finally passed as she wasn't eating anything... It got to where I resorting to try and tube feeding and she just wasn't doing well. I know sharks are 50/50 to eat so it's sad but i know it happens.

Bad news aside we went to the fish store heaven thats about 2 hrs from me and mom picked up a Sea Hare (harry) (she LOVES them) and I got myself a baby black naso tang (Wembly) who is doing great! :)

Wow, been way too long since i've posted or really done anything with the tank... a few weeks ago I got hooked up at a local frag swap (the first one) and came home with a tank full of corals!! I've also had a few fish pass on in their old age (a few came to me pretty old) and got a Lunar Wrasse a few months ago... I'm not sure if their known for eating bristleworms but... my tank is now not overrun and I can look in my tank at night without seeing 500 of them nasties sticking out... and Wallace (the wrasse) eats them everytime I do see one! He LOVES them :D So he's been my new favorite little fish buddy....

I still have kona but he's finally getting his true eel self... not sure what happened but my mom brought home a coral beauty from a petstore we don't usually shop at (they have pretty bad/sick fish) and later that day we found kona chowing down on it :( made me really sad but i'm not sure if the fish was dead before or if he attacked her... he hasn't gone after another fish so idk...

and he's a quick picture of Wallace :)

Attachments

• Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 687
I still have kona but he's finally getting his true eel self... not sure what happened but my mom brought home a coral beauty from a petstore we don't usually shop at (they have pretty bad/sick fish) and later that day we found kona chowing down on it :( made me really sad but i'm not sure if the fish was dead before or if he attacked her... he hasn't gone after another fish so idk...

Have you added anything after him? And you're probably right, he's just getting to big to be a community fish. :(

Back