Chromis breathing heavy.

jwaf

Reefing newb
Hi,one of my blue green chromis is hanging back behind a rock and is breathing real heavy. all of the my other fish including the other 2 chromis are eating great and looking healthy.the one chromis will be swimming around but when you go to the tank he will head back to his rock.

amm.:0
nitrite:0
nitrate:0

How long have you had them? If you recently added them, how did you acclimate them? What else do you have in the tank?

Hrm...how long have you had the chromis? Sometimes fish get sick and die. And with mutliple chromis, there's a chance he's getting bullied. As friendly as chromis are, they tend to fight each other until only 1 is left. Sucks cuz they're nice schooling fish.

I have him for almost 3 weeks and acclimated for about an hour. I haven't seen him be bullied but that might be it because i had a chromis before him and then but two others. the one with the problem is one of the new one.

I would place money on him being bullied, so I would start feeding twice a day. Multiple feedings will help with the aggression.

Now he is so afraid he wont come out to eat should i isolate him until he gets bett. please reply fast

i think that might cause even more stress, but if you can get him out I would return him. I dont think you would be able to re-integrate him to the group.

I had a school of Chromis for a while- they are definitely Highlander fish - 'There can only be one'. The smallest of of the group was the first to go, then gradually the next smaller one, etc - until only one remained

Back