Clam ?'s

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Just picked up a lil crocea(sp) clam today.. Couple of questions. I know I feed phytoplankton, how often do I feed it? LFS said daily, just a lil drop... Also it keeps moving around, looks like its aiming itself to the flow nozzles. Do they like a lil bit of flow?

samtheclam001.jpg

samtheclam004_edited.jpg

here are 2 pics, it seems to be at home now, it just sits there, kinda flinches a bit everytime I walk by... As soon as its wide open I will get a better pic...

Now that you say that it tries aiming itself towards the flow that makes sense. Mine i had a perfect little spot for it in a rock at the middle of my tank and I kept placing it so it would face its big beautiful mantle towards the front, ( for optium viewing!) and he keeps turning himself to the left... couldnt figure out why, that just might be the answer. Mine hasnt walked off his rock since I got him last week, hes attached to it too I think, cause at first I was turning him back and I noticed he was kind of seated onto the rock, but now I just let him do his thing...

Phyto once a week is all I do.

The smaller ones depends on phyto more than the larger ones.Mine is now at the age were all I make sure is that it gets proper lighting.Congrats on the clam,it looks healthy.

reef has you covered. good luck with your clam. I have my eye on one as well.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Had my eye on a maxima but i figured if I were to have a clam die on me i would rather kill a $15 clam instead of a $60 one. Maybe get more once the big tank is up and flowin....

15$ for a croeca? Where do you see prices like that at? I thought I got a good deal when I got mine for 29$ compared to the LFS and his 100$ clams...

I give 10 bucks for my lil croeca back in March.Got tired of him moving around and super glued his butt to a rock.

I feed mine like Reef does.

Yeah, don't piss Yote off! Next time he has a fish misbehaving and being too territorial, he just might superglue the fish's ass to a rock.

Yeah, don't piss Yote off! Next time he has a fish misbehaving and being too territorial, he just might superglue the fish's ass to a rock.

Already tryed that Biff.The slime coat on fish keep the glue from sticking to it.
But small fly and fishing pole does wanders.:mrgreen:

Back