Clam

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Most likely getting a Cocea Clam tomorrow or saturday if they are in at the LFS where should I place it in my tank? Will it do well in the sand?

Start it at bottom and move up if nessesary. How old is the tank? Clams need good water and a established tank.

It's a month old but 60% of the rock is from my old tank that was running for almost 4 months and I added seachem stability at the beginning and a cupful of my own live sand to my new live sand

I would never put a clam on the rock work unless its already attached to a rock rubble.Once they attach themselves its nearly impossible to remove them.

Sorry,never heard of croceas prefer the rock than sand.In a matter of fact,I never heard it either way.You can have it on the sand or rocks depending on the lights you have.I prefer the sand,it just looks more natural to me.Underwater,you have the lights so the sand or rocks will work.Start low and work your way up.

put it in the sand and it will do great. just be prepared that it will move on you. they will twist and turn til they are happy. can't wait to see the pics

-Doc

I bought two a few weeks ago and I was told to put the clam on a piece of rubble rock and let it attach... then move it to wherever it seems happiest.I agree, that under Metal Halides it should do fine in the sand. If their not getting enough light then tend to hang out of their shell reeally far in order to catch more light.

Back