Cleaner Wrasse

bangbangkhan

Reefing newb
I got a cleaner wrasse recently...I am feeding it Hikari bio-pure brine shrimp and she eats it like crazy...but the problem i am having is figuring out how many times a day should i feed her? i am feeding her three times a day and when ever i do it seems like she was starving....i don't want to over feed in my tank...

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDA1LTAwMTk1LmpwZw.jpg

Going to have a very hard time keeping that fish long term. It looks like it was starving because its diet consists of fish parasites. They have a pretty terrible record of survival in captivity

The cleaner wrasse specifically. It's not like a cleaner shrimp that cleans part time and eats other things. The majority of a cleaner wrasses diet is fish parasites, they generally do not adapt well to prepared foods.

There are plenty of other types of wrasses that do very well on our tanks. The only ones I would stay away from until your tank has aged are the leopard wrasses. There may be others that you want to avoid as well, but I am not a wrasse expert. Hopefully BL1 will see this and respond, he is our resident wrasse expert

Back