community list

tankedchemist

Reef enthusiast
So, I was wondering what you all think of the fish I'm aiming to put into my tank. It's 29g with about 40 lbs of live rock, and I'm working on setting up the 'fuge now. I'll probably get some xenia (for the clown, instead of an anemone) and some zoanthids eventually, too, but it will mostly be a fish tank. So here's what I'm considering:

1 Percula clown
1 goby (either bumblebee or watchman)
1 tiger pistol shrimp
1 green mandarin
2 hermits
~5 nassarius
~5 other small snails?
1-2 emerald crabs

I'm also considering getting either a coral beauty angel or a flame angel, but I'm a little concerned because they might eat the coral, and I've heard they can be sickly. Plus I don't want to over stock the tank.

Any suggestions/comments? Any conflicts?

I was thinking 6 months or so? And, in a perfect world, I'll try to train the mandarin to eat sushi eggs or maybe pellets...

what do you think about the angelfish dilemma?
Thanks for the opinion!!

if you get one of the smaller Centropyge angels then it can be done, also for the mandarin id wait atleast 8 months with a year being better. you cant have too many pods

I'd give it at least a year on the mandrine.Their just too picky about what they eat.
Other than that,your list would work fine.
The coral beauty and flame angel both are fairly hardy fish.As to weather or not they'll nip your corals,their angelfish,so thats going to be a 50/50 shot.I kept a flame for over a year before it started nipping.

Back