Condy Anemone Help

MissPaige

Reefing newb
I got a condy from a friend who added a few small clowns and didn't want to take the risk. I've had him for a week now and am doing all the research I can. He's done two things that worry me.
1.) His base gets twisted sometimes. REALLY twisted. Like multiple times. He'll untwist and twist again. It seems to be okay, but it just looks like it would be really painful...
2.) He retracts at night which seems to be normal, but when I got up this morning and he started to extend, I noticed a few of his tentacles were a little shrively and a little tangled.
Overall, he is not bleached. He was a light brownish color to him.
He's in a 55 gallon tank with an LED Reef Capable light bar.
I am terrified of him dying and harming the whole tank. Any advice would be much appreciated.

i had a condy for a few months, i loved mine, it was really cool to see him catch mysis.. #1 i cant offer anything on, mine never did that
#2 was typical for mine, eventually he straightens them out right?
i believe they compress themselves to sleep, how is his original color to his current?

Color seems to be consistent if not getting better with time. He seems to be healthy and usually fixes himself if he's twisted. I'm just so worried about him and it's hard to tell what is normal/okay and what is bad. Good to know that someone had one do something similar. Thanks for the reply! :grin:

Back