coral identification

greg1186

Reefing newb
i just started cycling two days ago... these corals came on one of my vanuatu live rocks.. im assuming its some type of mushroom coral but what kind exactly? im new to all this so im pretty curious haha. i also have another (not in picture) and hes upside down on a rock.. will he survive upside down?

mush.jpg

If the mushroom doesn't enjoy being upside down it'll relocate itself. Don't be surprised if one morning it's just magically gone and 2 months later it reappears once again.

this may be a silly question but... when my actinic and day lights are on the mushrooms are nice a shapely... when the lights are off and its just the moon leds there all floppy and lifeless looking.. are corals always like this? do they loose shape with no lights or whats going on?

so i was just looking at these mushrooms again... and they have these clearish bubbles usually underneath them... i guess its the connective tissue that connects them to the rock... but one bubble of it is getting huge! why is it doing this... will it pop and hurt them?

i dont want that many! lol.. i only have a 14 gallon biocube... is there a way to stop the spread? i def know i want zoanthids.. hammer coral.. frogspawn and this one acan i like..

Back