coral stocking

I'm sorry, I thought I seen anenome.
Corals can be added slowly after 6 weeks and good tests. Start out with beginner corals and have fun with it.

Lps corals like frogspawn, hammer, duncan, etc are great beginner corals because they move nicely with the current.

Its 10 gallon with 4kg of live rock and live samd. And I used bacteria and cured live rock

I'm Also somewhat new and in my first month I have 3 fish, 5 corals, and a full clean up crew. I have a 12 gal started with 18lbs of live rock and 12lbs of live sand. I used AIP quick start and my tank was ready in 2 weeks. I have coraline growing crazy and my algae started getting out of hand. Start with really hardy fish like clowns, gobys, damsels. And as far as corals start with softies like gsp, zoas, shrooms, xenias. Don't get the black clowns, they get to big. And think about your cuc asap. Algae will grow quick especially if you are seeing coraline. Just my experiences. Also the cleaner shrimp is great. * I started my reef on 5/6 I will post some pics for you.

Attachments

• 0601152147.jpg
    0601152147.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 0521151123b.jpg
    0521151123b.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 334
I'm Also somewhat new and in my first month I have 3 fish, 5 corals, and a full clean up crew. I have a 12 gal started with 18lbs of live rock and 12lbs of live sand. I used AIP quick start and my tank was ready in 2 weeks. I have coraline growing crazy and my algae started getting out of hand. Start with really hardy fish like clowns, gobys, damsels. And as far as corals start with softies like gsp, zoas, shrooms, xenias. Don't get the black clowns, they get to big. And think about your cuc asap. Algae will grow quick especially if you are seeing coraline. Just my experiences. Also the cleaner shrimp is great. * I started my reef on 5/6 I will post some pics for you.
Would I be able to have a pair of clown in my reef ?? Recommended stocking if possiable

Would I be able to have a pair of clown in my reef ?? Recommended stocking if possiable

Yes you can have have a pair of clowns but when you pick them out try to find two in the same tank that are about the same size. Have them put both the clowns in the same bag and when you put them in the tank release them at the same time. You want a pair that is already bonded so they don't try to kill each other. And remember to acclimate them!

Yes you can have have a pair of clowns but when you pick them out try to find two in the same tank that are about the same size. Have them put both the clowns in the same bag and when you put them in the tank release them at the same time. You want a pair that is already bonded so they don't try to kill each other. And remember to acclimate them!
Not true at all. Goodness
They won't kill each other if they are different size..... how would they mate? The female is always the larger and the male is the smaller. I added a 4 inch female 8 months after the male and 3 yrs later they still mate every 2 weeks and the same rock.

I would do what I suggested in the above post and start with lps (large polyp stony). I would stay away from what josh described for coral as they will all take over your rock work.
Softies and leathers are all 'beginner' coral but don't be stuck on that word.

Find what interests you first and make a list of that coral.

Find a local club fourm to join and post for the type of coral you are looking for and that is where you will get the best deal. My local has free coral all the time because after so long.... The coral takes over and you give it away. Stay away from lfs and online, as they have gimmicks or high priced shipping. Good luck.

I would do what I suggested in the above post and start with lps (large polyp stony). I would stay away from what josh described for coral as they will all take over your rock work.
Softies and leathers are all 'beginner' coral but don't be stuck on that word.

Find what interests you first and make a list of that coral.

Find a local club fourm to join and post for the type of coral you are looking for and that is where you will get the best deal. My local has free coral all the time because after so long.... The coral takes over and you give it away. Stay away from lfs and online, as they have gimmicks or high priced shipping. Good luck.

Check out the new post I put up in the "new to reefing forum" The 12g nano reef update.

Back