coral suggestions for 29 gallon

FrightyDog

Reefing newb
i have a 29 gallon aquaeurousa
nanocube. it currently has a hairy mushroom (topright, 2), leather mushroom (bottom right and middle left, 4 and a baby), six zoas (hidden under hairy mushroom), blastomussa (middle on left of leather mushroom), xenia (upper middle, 2) alveopora (bottom left), anemone (not shown in tank pictire but bottpm right). i do not dose. lighting is what came in the nanocube. low circulation but powerhead available for use. 25% water changes weekly. light on for (too long) 14 hours. bunch of hitchhikers like yellow sponges, tubeworms, corraline algae, wierd anemone looking things (on picture). so i would love suggestions on lighting, dosage, placement, etc. i also have a nano protein skimmr. thanks
IMG_20140210_181858_240.jpg
IMG_20140412_095621_116.jpg
IMG_20140416_193034_575.jpg

Last edited:
First thing you should do is check up on the upgraded LEDs tehy sell for these nano cubes, The lighting they come with really limits what you can have. That anemone in your bottom picture should never be pure white so upgrading your lighting and small spot feeding should help with that.You'd want to be careful with an anemone in cubed tank because if he decides to wonder, (it looks like a sabea so it probably will) its going to sting and kill corals. Also that Yellow tang is going to have to go soon, he's going to get way to big for that tank really quick. After you upgrade your lighting and get your chemicles stable you can really go with any coral you'd like. Personally im very fond of Pulsing Xenia's because they add a TON of movement. You could go with some nice SPS Corals that would add some nice color like tylophora Coral and Acropora Coral.

i plan to upgrade my tank soon so it will be leaving. the anemone was in teally bad shape;i just got it.i do spot feed though. as to the lighting i will look into that. the tang; reason why i upgrading. i like the looks of acropora, but it seems a bit crowded, but will it be?

Back