Dear Zachary...A Letter to a Son About His Father

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by cthegame, Oct 4, 2011.

1. cthegame

cthegame

So i watched this documentary 2 days ago and I still cant shake it off. I dont usually get affected by movies emotionally but this doc had me in tears. I feel like I must share it with you guys if you havent already seen it or heard of it. By far the most devastating doc i have ever seen...Just cant stop thinking about it.

Ok so its about this guy name Andrew who gets murdered by his gf who after feeling to canada, announces that she is preggos with his baby. The movie is made by andrew's best friend for the baby, Zachary (so that he can know who his father was).

However, what the movie is really about is the struggle and hardship (both legally (canada sucks btw, jk :) and emotionally) this one family had to go through, especially andrew's parents. I really cant say anything about what really happens next after that c*nt flees to canada without spoiling it for you. You will just have to take my word for it. This doc will change you. It is an experience like no other.

I was debating whether or not to show the preview because it really does not do this movie any justice, but I suppose it will give you a good enough idea. The movie is available on netflix and i demand that you watch it :mrgreen: you will not regret it. This is as real and sincere a recommendation can get from me. Trust me. watch this movie.

At the very end of the trailer the guys says "but i never could have never guessed what would happen next"...and thats what you dont get to know in the trailer until you watch the movie...which is also what makes this movie so Fing devastating.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtyY0CXdiNo"]Dear Zachary (2008) Movie Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Also forgot to mention that its a very well made doc. By that I mean, it has no boring parts at all. Its a 90 min - 2 hour movie but it had me interested the entire time.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    cthegame, Oct 4, 2011
    1. Advertising

2. cthegame

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

I saw this on Netflix, and almost watched it.

fastrd400, Oct 4, 2011
    1. Advertising

3. cthegame

stagofdoom Phi Kappa Psi

Just got done watching it. Damn that was a very well done documentary and a devastating story.

That was intense and those parents are the strongest people I think I have ever heard about. What a shocking and insane story. Glad I watched it though.

stagofdoom, Oct 4, 2011
  4. cthegame

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Queued it!

wontonflip, Oct 4, 2011
  5. cthegame

Ok, I pretty much cried the entire movie :shock: Dunno why I didn't hear about this in the news, though. I'm always reading world news.

wontonflip, Oct 4, 2011
  6. cthegame

cthegame

those parents are probably the definition of good human beings. When he said he thought about killing that bitch, i sooo wished that he had. Kill her and flee back to the US! hahaha how sweet would that have been. Too bad that some people are so pure, killing another human being is just not an option for them, they cant get themselves to do it, no matter how deserving. The US really should have put more pressure on canada about this case. so tragic.

cthegame, Oct 5, 2011
  7. cthegame

Cases like this are always "in hindsight". Even though the signs were there. I think this doc really did a great job in going back and forth between what that judge ruled (how asinine was her logic?????) and all the evidence that went against what her ruling stated (I don't want to give away too much). It happens in the U.S., too. Many times.

On one hand, yes, the child protection agencies are underfunded and understaffed. But then you have cases like Jaycee Dugard where there was clear disregard and lack of common human sense by the social workers and parole officers. The system is broken but to fix it, they need more money. When cases like this movie and Jaycee people ask what went wrong? But if you tell them to fork over more money to fund these agencies, people whine. It's a vicious cycle.

wontonflip, Oct 5, 2011
  8. cthegame

winnie

Omg I just watched this! WOW. I can't begin to say how amazing and devasting it was! How about starting a documentary thread? I'm a bit of a documentary junkie! I have many to recommend!

winnie, Oct 9, 2011
    1. Advertising