easy corals

R3verb

Time to add some coral!
Hey all,

I have one brain coral in my tank right now and I was looking to add some other corals to my tank. I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice as to what to get. Should I get frags or full corals? what tests do I need to have to keep everything happy? Thanks!

Casey

For easy corals, I'd look into zoas and mushrooms. Also most LPS corals will do fine, so Frogspawns, Hammer, and Trumpets are all good choices as well.

+1 on the zoas and shrooms. Id also suggest a Duncan coral. Duncans are fun corals to get as frags. They normally run $15/head, an that's all you need! I bought mine as 1 and now it's 30+, it's babies, babies are sprouting heads. :)

+1 to Mr. Sniffles on the Duncan. Duncans are the best! My rics are boring. My palys (or whatever you want to call them) are ho-hum. Zoas, ok. But my duncan? Fun stuff! It eats mysis in the coolest way. Great colors, nice pink and a green center and stem that glows. Plus, those long tentacles wave in the flow. I'm a lazy reefer in that I don't have a reef test kit or add supplements or anything so I can't help you there.Mr. Sniffles, yours has 30 +?? That's nuts! And awesome. I got a two headed one 6 months ago, now it's got 5 heads

Back