Flame Hawkfish

Nic

Reefing newb
So I need a little advice. :question: I was going to pick up a Flame Hawkfish on Friday but after reading about them, I don't know if it's a good idea. I want a non-aggressive tank. So far I have a watchman goby, ocellaris clownfish and pajama cardinal, I have a bunch of crabs, shrimp and snails too. Is it a good idea to get him? He's so cute and I like how he watches you and perches. If I did, can I still get a scooter blenny. I am wanting to get a scooter blenny and possibly a flame or coral beauty angel (either or). I was also thinking about a purple firefish goby. If anyone has any ideas for me, please share. Thank you so much :mrgreen:

With the size tank you have, stick to 4 fish. Anything more and you will be overstocked. So I would skip the hawkfish if you are wanting to add an angel or a firefish. Skip the scooter blenny, which is actually a dragonette. I know they are pretty, and really cute, but pass this one up unless it's taking frozen really well. Otherwise it will starve in a 36 gallon.

The general rule is 1 small fish per 10 gallons, especially for the first year. After the tank is mature, you could maybe, maaaaaybe add one more fish for a total of five, but I would still be cautious of 5 fish in a 36......

Back