Food Food and Food

pheasant29

Reefing newb
All right guys and girls.What do you think are some of the best fish and coral foods available. I don't have much in the tank so far. For fish all i have are a Black velvet damsel.He is an ornery little:pooh: and will eat anything.I also have a yellow clown goby about a half inch long. Along with a CUC consisting of 3 giant turbos,5 astraea snail,5 Trochus snails,5 nassarius snails,5 nerite snails,15 mixed blue and red legged hermits and 4 emerald crabs. All i have for corals are two small groups of mushrooms, 1 small colt coral and my impulse mistake :frustrat: a flower pot coral.
All i have for foods are Flake(I DONT USE),Sanfransisco brand brine shrimp frozen,Freeze dried cyclopeeze and phyto plankton. I added the Phyto plankton once and got an instant algae bloom? I might of added to much ,not sure? I will do my best for the flower pot as well as everything in my tank.
I will be adding more corals and a couple more fish as I go along.
So do you have any suggestions on better food for my tank. Plus i will listen to any suggestions I can on giving the flower pot its best chance of survival.

Rod's Food is one of the best IMHO.
It's a great mix of stuff in one frozen sheet.
I also mix it up with some frozen mysis and I throw some ESV Spray-Dried Marine Phytoplankton in the tank every other day.

I've been cracking off a small frozen piece, thawing with tank water and delivering with a turkey baster...is that the best process?

x19, that sounds about right.

I use a variety of frozen foods (no flakes or pellets for my tank). I have about 8 different varieties in my freezer and rotate through them. I also use frozen cyclopeeze (much better than the freeze dried, IMO).

And my herbivorous animals get Julian Sprung brand seaweed sheets.

I feed a variety of frozen foods(too many to list) but my go too foods is Rod's Food,frozen and freeze dried cyclops and mini mysis shrimp.

Some gonis respond to being fed or some don't.A feeding response looks like the tentacles are folding over and not retracting.I have no idea(or can't remember) what kind you have,maybe post a pic.I feed cyclops and reef roids to mine.Some of the green kinds will take bigger foods like small mysis.

When I do actually put food in my tank.Its a mix of frozen mysis,krill,cyclopes,and rotifers,with a squirt of Brightwell Aquatics Zooplankton.
I dont feed any kind of phyto because I figure that green dusty stuff that gets on the glass every few is live phyto,so no need to buy that.:D

Back