Frag Tank

sailfin

What reef tank?
I am looking to set up a frag tank. I'd like to get the components I need cheaper than retail. Right now I am looking for a tank, maybe 20 gallon, light set up, something that would be good enough for SPS short term and some type of filtration, maybe a biowheel. Anybody got some of this stuff they could part with?

:mrgreen:

Sorry I'm kinda in the same boat....

Just curious... are you planning on bringing frags to the swap?

I plan on bringing my 40 gallon breeder, but i had to borrow a light. That way others could put some stuff in it if they needed...

Just let me know
Brandon

If I bring anything it will be a few zoos. I am afraid to bring any of my montis right now. I wouldn't want to pass on a bug of some kind.

Ok was just letting you know I would have some extra space if thats all you were just setting the tank up fro the swap.

Brandon

hey anthony, I was looking at doing the same thing. I went to glass cages site and there premaid acrylics are really cheap. I thought about having them custom make me a 48"Lx12"x8"H. I thought would be perfect for anything, shallow enough for stonies to get good light and long enough to setup two different lights for different corals on each end. then drill it and run it off a sump. anyway, check out there site and look at there list of premaid designs. 20 gallon sizes are only like $50 - $75 and they could bring it to the frag swap, another idea is that class cages is donating 2-3 of the acrylic frag tanks between 25 and 50 gallons, you might wait and see if you can win one of those in the raffles.
I may have a cheap setup if you dont mind a 20 tall. I still have my first reef tank, it has a penguin back filter(biowheel). it has a full plastic canopy with a floresent tube. I let someone borrow the power compact light I had for it and they dropped it in there tank and never replaced it, so you would need a better bulb. let me know if your interested.

I have a 38 gallon, (i think) It's 12.5" tall 36" wide and 18" deep.
It needs the outer bracing but my current frag tank is the exact same tank and it works great. I'll part with it for 25.00. That's 1/2 of the price on glass cages.
If anyone's interested I can bring it to the swap.

Now that we have sold our house, I am going to have to back out of the frag tank idea for a little while anyway. Thanks for the offer.

good grief anthony, dont waste or presious time with your rabbit trails!!!:mrgreen: if you want stuff ask for stuff, if you dont want stuff dont ask for stuff! get your stuff together man. JK

Back