Frag tank

squibley2

Reefing newb
I am planning on setting up a separate 20G tank as a frag grow out tank. My basic plan is a standard 20G tank bare bottom a couple of power heads for water flow and I was just going to use my seaclone that I have lying around to do some skimming (it sucks that is why it is lying around) but I figured with no real livestock that it should do enough. I was planning on a heater and a single 250W 14K Hamilton MH over the tank. I have all the parts lying around here so that was what I was planning on using. Any thoughts of problems anyone sees that I am missing.

sounds great. just remember to not light shock your frags, constant temperature, and good water parameters and you should do fine. keep us posted and some pics when you get it all going. I would put a piece of light diffuser up off the bottom a couple inches as a shelf to put the frags on. good luck

Yea i was planning on putting a frag rack almost the size of the tank in and using that. The frags should not have a problem adjusting to the light it will be the same bulbs and everything that are on the main tank ( 2 250W Hamiltons on a 55 ) so it should not be a big deal as far as light. I was also planning on a 24H Kalk drip. But I was not planning on LR or sand or anything else in the tank. That is my big question I guess. Will the frag tank work without anything else in that tank.

Back