Frogspawn

They should be a distance away. Corals grow and need room for that. If you put them to close together, they will Naturally slow their growth. The frogspawn is going to win in that battle, that coral is one mean mumbo jumbo.

Duncans are peaceful and should not be placed near an aggressive coral like frogspawn...frogspawn can sting it to death if placed to close

i have seen my frogspawn send out 6 inch sweeper tenticles so go at least 7 or 8 inches. duncans can burn other corals too. i had a snail knock a piece of staghorn over and it fell into my duncan. everywhere it touched got killed. i haven't seen sweepers but the tenticles on my duncan get up to 2-3 inches long so if you are putting them close i would say a foot to be safe

It's becoming night on my tank, but look at the indent in the chalice from the frog spawn. This is what will happen to that duncan except in lps fashion. It will spit it's slime coat as defense and then stay closed and die. Sps stands no chance against lps unless your talking about the evil hydo. The house always wins. :-)
20140416_194200.jpg

It's becoming night on my tank, but look at the indent in the chalice from the frog spawn. This is what will happen to that duncan except in lps fashion. It will spit it's slime coat as defense and then stay closed and die. Sps stands no chance against lps unless your talking about the evil hydo. The house always wins. :)View attachment 22631
i agree the duncan will lose in a fight with the frogspawn

Back