Good skimmer ?

Hornet

Reefing newb
Hi everybody,

If I can get this skimmer (Fission Recirc Skimmer max rated for 225gal) for $120. Would this be ok for my 150 gal tank that I'm setting up?

I had been planning on buying a NW200 but I came across this and I'm wondering if Fission skimmer would do the job and not have me cussing later down the road and complaining that it's a piece of junk. I'm all up for saving a few bucks where I can but I'm trying my best to not have to re-buy equipment down the road.

Also, my tank will be a mixed reef and with a "normal" amount of livestock.

I have never ran one, but I have only read bad things about them. Never have I heard a good thing.

Thanks for the input.

I have not seen anybody talking about them so I figured they might not be that good. Sounds like I might be better just getting a NW-200.

I just did some googling and saw quite a few people saying they are not good. There was 1 guy that was happy with his, but I still think I'll make out better not getting it

Last edited:
Yeah, I realize it's not a place to skimp on. When I first made the post I was just not sure if that skimmer was good or not. I just came across it while surfing around.

Back