grouper

CurtisL

Reefing newb
has anyone ever had a little red grouper in their tank? i know it would eat most things but i think some clowns would go ok with one

well i love the idea of a grouper but i want more than a grouper in there lol:frustrat: i guess thats out of the ?

It depends upon a) how big the other fish are (if it fits, he'll eat it) and b) how big your tank is. I think most groupers get pretty big... quickly.

The one at my LFS is about 9" long and 5"-6" tall and it is in a mammoth in wall tank with a vary large hippo tang and some other large fish. yeah they do get pretty big fairly quick.

the grouper would harass all other fish in the tank. they grow fast, like an inch a month sometimes I think. Your fish would get stressed out and could get sick from the stress.

9 times out of 10 when you add a grouper,it gonna end up being the only fish in the tank.Grouper tend to stress even huge fish to the point of death.Not to mention,they do grow pretty quick.

well fwiw I still have a miniatus grouper I am trying to get rid of if interested? It will definately kill a clown fish or two though (nothing it's same color red or it will hate it and will most likely win lol)

I was recently given a red grouper from a friend of a friend who told me that he was only 2-3 inches long. When I met up with the guy to get him, I was shocked to see a 7" long red grouper. Well, I took him anyway and figured I would put him in my tank for a few days until I could find a home for him. I had two clowns in my tank. HAD. He ate both of them in the same evening, which was like two days after I put him in. I need to get rid of him. When I stick anything in the water, he nails it like a bass hitting a spinner bait. My LFS doesn't want him, so I think I'll probably put him in the freezer in some water. He's reed friendly as fas as I can tell, but just too big.

UMG!!!!! i got the test kit i started off with some of the hermit crab at the ocean and the water from there too and there amonia is 5.0!!!!!

Back