Harlequin Shrimp

BigH55

I'm that guy
Just added one of these to my tank to control my asternia population. He started eating them as soon as he went in the tank. To bad i haven't seen him for a while. Hopefully hes ok.

Those are cool looking shrimp.
Its probably just back in the rock somewhere kicked back with a cold beer and full stomach.:D

yep I'm sure he's still in there, I see mine once or twice a week, during the day. I can look at night and find him almost everytime.

harlequins as far as i know dont eat aptasia, they eat starfish and if they dont have a constant supply of them they will starve to death

I've wanted some of those shrimps, but was afraid for my regular stars after those little asternia stars were all gone. Anyone had any experience with that?

I've wanted some of those shrimps, but was afraid for my regular stars after those little asternia stars were all gone. Anyone had any experience with that?

If its a starfish,the Harlequin shrimp will eat it.Its just a matter of how soon the shrimp comes across the starfish.

I was joking dont get sore

No reason for him to be sore. you basically just called him your brother from another mother. you guys are one in the same. was a good one though. sounds like the shrimp is working out pretty good for you. always wanted one ot those things.

Guess I'm lucky! I have no backbone! :lol:

Fixed

BigH you might want to look into getting some cheap stars like a couple of sandsifters, to keep in rotation in your sump. Chop a leg off once in a while and let it recoup in peace. I doubt that tha asterinas will keep it full for long.

I just put one in today. He's chilling right now under some rock. Luckily I have a constant supply of starfish from my LFS. We're having a big outbreak in a 380 display tank.

Back