Heaters!

CurtisL

Reefing newb
Before long winter will be upon us! i currently do not have a heater on my tank as it stays pretty consistant as of now and only being set up a couple of months. i know i want to get one of the digital heater controllers for my tank, i have a 29 gallon biocube, and going to probably upgrade right about when it starts warming up again so i want to get one i will be able to use with a new tank as well! now my questions are

1. is there a certain amount of wattage i want to get?

2. are brands important on these or is it ok to cheap out on a ebay one?

3.what one do you reccomend?

hopefully i get some replies!

they are both nice, the only concern i have is the one that you posted isnt a brand name. i dont think it should fail, and its more expensive

No LFS or PETCO? On line is ok but I only buy name brands most of this stuff are China imports and who do you take it back to? I would rank a good reliable heater about the same as a good skimmer. Where in Tampa are you? I have a brother in Wesley Chapel

im in south tampa, very close to macdill AFB. and i have many LFS and i usually buy everything from them, just trying to get some opinions and thats why i was asking. so ill definitely be getting name brand, is there an amount of wattage i should be looking for to keep my tank warm?

shoot for 1bout 4 to 5 watts per gallon and I was never a believer in one heater in a tank, it is one of the things that breaks most often in our tanks..

Sweet.. Is there a way to have too much wattage if I buy bigger now? Or as long as it's set where you want it its fine?

I really like titanium heaters myself, in a 29 I would put either a 100 watt and a 50 or just two 100 watt heaters..

I'd say 4 watts per gallon or so, and I would split it between two heaters, that way you wont have a disaster should a heater fail to turn on, or get stuck in the on position

Back