his name is peppermint :)

yep i bought one of these they look so pretty, mine comes completely out and sometimes i can see it small mouth

I hate to tell you guys this, but those guys have a pretty bad survival record in out tanks. Next time get a feather duster, they do much better and look exactly the same.

Little fish I think I have a habit of picking difficult inverts. Lol how come they have a low survival rate? I read bc they need to be fed. But I have a flame scallop so I feed a lot already.

Lol how come they have a low survival rate?

"...The aquarium for the Hard Tube Coco Worm should be well-established and contain a rock and gravel substrate. The Hard Tube Coco Worm requires calcium and the proper alkalinity to grow. It is extremely intolerant of poor water quality and copper-based medications.
In the aquarium it is difficult to maintain, and will need supplements of phytoplankton and liquid organic foods..."

Ugh, why do all the cool looking things have to be so difficult?

heres a pic of mine with its two heads eating :D

DSC04828.jpg

im suprised i got a good shot you can see the little whiskers :D

He's beautiful! Mine was out just like yours yesterday each day he comes out more and more. Mine has two heads also. Now the hermits will crawl on his tube and the snails will bump him and he won't suck himself in. He must feel pretty comfortable in my tank. I thought it would take a couple weeks. Guess not :-)

thanks :D and yeah mine came out fully the first day he only shoots in when i flick the lights on and off, its gotten confortable enought that ive seen the lion swim past it and touch the tentacles and it just sits there

Are they as hard to take care of as I have heard?

I have had one of mine for about 6 months the others about 1 month, aside from my urchin trying to munch on them they are super easy.

I feed my tank microfore plankton about once a month by injecting a tiny bit right into my blowers and turning off the skimmer/filter for about 15 minutes. I guess it works no one is dead yet. :D

Back