i finally found out how to kill aiptasia

shades251

Reefing newb
easy and supe cheap. lemon juice cheap easy and safe. just get a medicine drop for kids and shoot it at them, only use a seringe or two a day so it doesnt cause ph spike. i had prolly 40 of them all over my 55 used lemon juice twice now ( today and yesterday) and i have maybe 5 left that i just cant reach with out taking rock out, but my peppermints will take care of them

That's good that you finally found out. Why didn't you ask here? That's one of the most common ways recommended to kill them.

Just a warning though, lemon juice doesn't tend to be a permanent fix. A lot of them seem to be able to survive and will come back in the same spot a week or so later.

And lemon juice would cause a pH drop, not a pH spike, since it is an acid (acids have low pH).

well i didnt ask cause i was told peppermint shrimp... they helped some but not alot...and i thought i did ask on here at one point but we started talking about other stuff....either way thank you for the info...is it bad you guys are teaching me more then my lfs

well i didnt ask cause i was told peppermint shrimp... they helped some but not alot...and i thought i did ask on here at one point but we started talking about other stuff....either way thank you for the info...is it bad you guys are teaching me more then my lfs

The LFS is there to sell you stuff first and foremost (usually).
So just keep that in mind when you look for advice at a store.

well the juice got it under control for now the peppermints are helping some but i bought a butterfly today and i have been told they will reek havok on a aptasia colony

I did the lemon juice thing a couple of times over 2 weeks to try and kill the one Aiptasia I could see before it spread. The damn thing would disappear for a day or two and then would be back, bigger than ever.

Today, I bought a peppermint shrimp. Hopefully, he'll find it.

Joe's juice did the trick for me. One treatment, and the one itty bitty aiptasia did not come back :)

and i thought i did ask on here at one point but we started talking about other stuff....

We have ADD here ;) Ooooo...look at the bug crawling on the window!

I read somewhere online that if you get a syringe with a needle and try to get the lemon juice into the stem. It will do the trick for good. Just something i read. Hope it helps. I will need to find out for myself soon because they are getting out of hand in my tank also.

As some have pointed out in this thread, their aiptasia ended up coming back bigger than before. But good luck with yours. I still suggest getting Joe's Juice. If you have a lot, get some peppermint shrimp, too to help out.

Back