I'm Back, and I'm Into Photography now too!

hotimportknight

New! Big Tank Club!
I want to test the postability of my pictures from this free high resolution upload site...

Testing
Testing...

Too huge. Where can i get my pics in like 1200x800 roughly? between 8*6 and huge?

Last edited:
IMG_0052.jpg

I'll just start posting a large amount of tank shots I've taken and that I think are decent. Some of you might remember me, but I have the same tank, same livestock basically, just my frags got bigger... lol. Enjoy and feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. At the end of this posting I hope to get up some higher resolution shots of some 'artistic' shots that I took and played around with...

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Good thing I spent the extra money and got an automatic dive watch... My fish tank is about as deep in saltwater as I've been in years...
IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Here come some more right away, I've got about 68 pictures picked out to post right away. I'll just talk about the ones I like more in the process instead of separate or at the end. And wow this 8x6 does no justice to these pictures... On my iMac they are amazing... Maybe I'll still try and post some high resolution shots soon... I'm kind of contemplating getting my own website or blog to store all my pictures and make them easily sharable and viewable to others...

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

This one is my current wallpaper on my computer. I really like the added coloring and enhancements I gave it. Hopefully once I get some more money I'll have my setup looking so nice I won't need to even have to enhance anything it will be so amazing!
IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

I kind of want to get this one printed and frame it. It cool, like modernistic natural art! And only after getting the camera and getting into photography either a day before this was taken, if not the day I got the camera!
IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Kids, don't do drugs!
IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Especially opiates, oxycontin, is not cool!

Don't ever mess with duralgestic (sp?) narcotic pain killer patches, roughly 100x more powerful and addicting than pure morphine, heroin is about 8x that of morphine (roughly).

But something you should do a LOT of... take pictures of your weiner dog...
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting a picture of this damn little pygmy angel is really hard to do... with my old point and shoot camera I tried for at least a year, never to get a picture with out a huge blue streak on it...
IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Lights just went out a minute ago, everything is starting to take it's night positions already...
IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

I bought a 10$ frag of this neon green birds nest SPS at the only frag swap I made it to last year, and it has literally grown 2000% at least... I have frags of it all over from a few months growth...

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

This pineapple brain is at least a year old or so, and it's always looked kinda crappy like this... but it always hangs in there, never does much...
IMG_0421.jpg

Clam going to sleep.
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

"untouchables"
IMG_0433.jpg

Last set! Wow, it's later than I thought it was... 5am already!?

Someone took a painful looking bowel movement in my tank!?
IMG_0434.jpg

STREET SWEEPER
IMG_0436.jpg

And this is a crystal clear magazine quality shot of a coral banded shrimp! I'm overly proud of it!
IMG_0441.jpg

Thanks for the comments so far! Once I start feeling better I hope to get up to fosters and smith and do some work on the tank. God it sucks having to rely on medication for a physical dependency that is so controlled and a pain in the ass to get... I ran out a day early now I'm going through hell again! Playing phone tag with my out of town Dr. because none in town specialize in this form of treatment...

Could you please post some more pics? Just kidding. Tank looks great and you have a good eye for pictures. What kind of camera do you use?

Ok, yeah I'm broke today... Living on a few dollars I have left. Drugs are expensive... God I'm going to be depressed about that for ever I'm sure... But at least it was a major learning experience. And what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger... right? I'll hopefully get some money by tomorrow and get to work on my fish tank! Tonight I'm going to a friends house to do a little photo shoot on his 90g reef he just set up a month or 2 ago, but transfered years worth of frags and experience over, so it should be interesting getting all kinds of shots of different stuff that's not in my tank.
Oh yeah, funny story... I wake up today and check my email, here some girl on facebook I don't really know commented on my picture album of all my new "artistic" and fish tank photos that I liked and posted. This is what she posted:
"Jessica Polzin at 9:43am April 23
Seriously, not to be rude or anything, but what's the big deal with the camera and posting pics like mad? I mean, yeah, it's an expensive ass camera, we get that, but do we really need to have little battles on here about who can take the better picture? Cause I hate to say this, but wether a girl has a Canon or a Samsung, I think she could easily win! lol"

Also I was too sick to get to the dr. this morning, I slept through the part of the day he is in his office, so I'm out of suboxone now! Wow tonight could get fun... If you consider hell on earth fun. I can't wait!

Oh yeah, about the camera. I just picked it up from a dude I found on Craigslist.org, brand new unopened Canon EOS Rebel XTi 10.1 mp. I know it's obviously not the best camera on earth, but I am LOVING it so far. 450$, 30 on a high speed CF card, and I still don't have a tripod even... I should go look for one tonight before I go to my friends to take pics...

You've probably spent more on a reef tank than in drugs. Reefing is my drug. Hopefully you can kick your demons, what were you hooked on?

Back